Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week 14: Patient 0

     Well here we go again. I don't know why I keep getting sick here, but I have fallen ill more times in Germany than I have in the past three years. Whatever virus I had this past week knocked me down for the count. I'm talking KO. I was tired the entire week and so congested in my lungs. This really made it difficult to get prepared for the coming weeks. I have two exams and the enmodes presentation this next week and then three exams the week after that. I really need to get better so that I can focus on studying and getting ready for finals. We hardly have any time to prepare for finals with classes still going on and finalizing our presentation. We also have the charity day on Saturday so that is taking away more time to study. I will admit that the packed schedule is a little frustrating. 

    We had two excursions this week on Thursday and Friday. Our first one was in Remagen, where we went to the Peace museum and learned about the history of the bridge. The next study trip was to St. Bingen and Andernach. We visited the medical herb garden in St. Bingen and Erin and I were able to sit in the sun to enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the feeling of the warmth on my skin. It easy to get used to cloudy days here in Germany during the winter. 

    I know this next week is going to be a real challenge when it comes to energy levels and my sanity but all I can do is push forward. I have come so far in the program to stop short of the finish line. I want to be proud of everything I have accomplished come the end of this trip in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment