Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Week 13: It's London Bruv

     I spent less time in Bonn this week than I did in France or London. I felt like I hardly had any time to recover from one trip before we were off on our next adventure. We're trying to squeeze as much into the time we have left as possible. That's probably why I got sick again; It's chronic exhaustion at this point. Sorry I got you sick again too Erin:/. 

    The small amount of time we did spend in Bonn was filled with catching up on class work and trying to do more on our project. We have so much left to figure out before we are ready to present to enmodes. It's hard to find precedent for our idea and the research is slow going. We also never signed the NDA so we don't have access to some of the information that would be helpful to properly calculate numbers. We'll manage though.

    London was absolutely incredible. I loved just walking the streets of the city and being able to understand the language was nice after being places where I had no clue what was going on around me. Once Erin, Kass, and I got to London our first stop was to get some classic fish and chips. We had a pretty good meal but we all just about had a heart attack when we got the bill back. We knew that it would be expensive in London but we didn't realize it would cost us almost $30 a piece for some fried fish. We also made sure to try the Indian food in the city and were not disappointed. Also made a stop at Wingstop because why not. We saw so many landmarks in the city and were so impressed with the efficiency of the London underground. The city is so expensive but I could imagine myself living there.

    I wanted to ride on one of the double-decker buses at least once so Erin and Kass were nice enough to indulge my whim when we left the pub we had watched a soccer game at. Overall, London has been one of my favorite places that we have visited. 10/10 would go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment