Monday, April 10, 2023

Week 13!!!

 This week started with a day off from school which was nice. Peyton and I went to Lighthouse Cafe (our favorite) and did homework for a while. After we went to REWE to get some groceries. On Tuesday, we were back in school. I had 4 classes, so it was a long day. Our Enmodes project started to really get into action, so I got very stressed out this day. On Wednesday, I had some classes along with a German quiz. On Thursday, I got to school at 7AM to take my differential equations test. I think it went well besides the fact that I was tired during the exam. After that, we had a company call with Enmodes where we did an informal presentation. We finished that early so Erin and I worked on some calculations for our device. It was very frustrating. After that, I did some homework and then headed home. I packed for my London trip and straightened my hair; it was the first time I had straightened my hair in Europe! On Friday, Peyton and I left our house at 5:30 to head to Köln Airport. We got lucky because our bags were definitely oversized but Eurowings did not charge us extra. I fell asleep on the flight before we even took off. We landed in London and took a train and then a tram to our hotel. We settled for a bit and then headed to brunch. We got some amazing brunch food and then started wandering Piccadilly Circus. We did some shopping which was super fun. At around 5, Peyton and I went back to the hotel to watch Bridgerton and order in our dinner. We were exhausted and realized it was because we walked 10 miles in 5 hours! We had a fun night in and then went to sleep. On Saturday, we slept in until 10AM, which was so needed. We got ready and then went to Costa Coffee for breakfast. After that, we walked to a few bookstores and spent a while in there. The second Waterstone bookstore we went into was 5 stories! After that, we went to a place called Tortilla that reminded me of Chipotle. It was so good and it was very nice to eat some flavors from home that I have been missing. After this, we headed to an outer part of London to go to a gluten-free bakery. On the way, we stopped at Black Sheep Coffee which ended up being the best coffee I have ever had. We got to a very rich part of London which was fun to see. We saw some very high-end stores including Love Shack Fancy. The bakery ended up being terrible but luckily we saw many things around it that we would not have seen had we not gone over there. We headed back to our hotel for a bit and then walked to the Tower Bridge during sunset. It was so pretty. We then took the tram to our dinner restaurant. We went to a place called The Alchemist, which ended up being more of a bar than a restaurant, but it was still good. The drinks were very elaborate and entertaining and the food was just as good. It was about 10:30 when we left so we headed back to the hotel. We tried to watch an episode of Bridgeton but ended up being too tired because we walked 13 miles! On Sunday, we woke up to the church bells of St. Paul’s church celebrating Easter. We walked to a Black Sheep Coffee that was near us for breakfast. Then we headed back near Piccadilly Circus. We went to Nando’s and it was so good, I was glad Peyton was able to eat there. We also bought our postcards of course. After lunch, we went to a place called Cocomelt; it was like a dessert place. We had the best chocolate-covered strawberries ever, I wish I could have them again. After this, we decided to start heading to the airport. We went to our hotel to grab our things and got to the airport about 2 hours later. I’ve heard terrible things about Heathrow, but we actually had a really good experience. Now we are on the way home and should be at our house by 23:00. I am so thankful for this weekend, it was so much fun and a great last trip. I know we are so close to going home, but we have a lot of things to do before then, including a lot of tests and the Enmodes project. I am definitely stressed about it, but trying to not be dreadful about the days to come just because they will be hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment