Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Week 7

 This week was a normal week here in Bonn. We basically just had time to study and I focused on my academics. I also took advantage of this week to spend more time with my host parents and was able to learn more about their journey here in Germany. They told me their story of how they escaped East Germany and moved to Bonn to get a better lifestyle for themselves and their kids. What shocked me the most about their journey was the fact that 4 months after they escaped, the Berlin Wall finally fell. When I learned this, I was simply amazed by the fact that absolutely no one in Germany knew that this event was going to occur. They then showed me some videos of the fall of the wall that they collected from some of their friends recorded on that historic day. Later in the week, we hang out at Patricio's and Jackson's house and we made some chicken quesadillas and drank some beer. I finished the week by just relaxing in my house and eating dinner with my host parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment