Monday, April 10, 2023

0.5 or 1-L?!

         This weekend I ended up going to Munich with Senor Estes and Senor Joaquin. It was crappy not because Munich is a bad city, but because my lucky self was sick the entire time. Luckily it wasn’t COVID according to 3 self-tests which got me to go considering I had spent a ton of money on this trip. The trip to Munich was pretty nice since we missed the connection in Koln and had to get on another train that was delayed for about an hour. At the end of the day though, we got to Munich at around 2 am so it wasn’t horrible. On the other hand, we did get to see the German police in action for the first time this entire trip. The second we stepped off the train and started walking out, we heard a ton of commotion outside and noticed a group of people surrounding a group of cops who were detaining a man who seemed very pissed off about getting detained. The funny thing is that the more he yelled and resisted, the more the cops wanted to body slam him into the wall, which funny enough, they did. First time I have seen a cop body slam a suspect in person and it was hilarious. Once we got to the hotel, we were out immediately and decided that we would meet up the next morning at around 10 to see the city.

              The following morning, we stopped at Rewe for some breakfast which was lowkey good and then we headed out into the mysterious city of beer and bread. We first went to the marketplace which surprisingly was packed and selling beer at 10:30 in the morning, my kind of place. Once we did some exploring there, we ended up heading for the gardens, where Matt wanted to eat at the center of it. Of course, I agreed since I am not one to turn down the opportunity to drink beer and eat, even when I’m dying of some random infection. The beer selection consisted of two sizes, a 0.5- and 1-liter beer, so Matt took a 1 L and Jackson, and I went for a 0.5 mostly considering the fact that I felt horrid but not bad enough to not drink a beer. This decision would turn out to be a horrid decision since I felt worse after drinking the beer. We ate and walked around some more and ended up heading back into the hotel to chill until we wanted some dinner at the Paulner München Bauhaus. The dinner was great, and Jackson was told to try some actual Bavarian food next time we ate there which was hilarious. Ended the night with some Powerade and some blue mountain state with the boys, great show.

              Ended the next day with seeing what we had missed the past day and got to sit in the Olympic pool building which helped with breathing and brought back some nice memories of my high school competitive nature. Watched some BMS before heading back to the train station. However, Jackson got an email telling us that our train was canceled. The second we got this, we packed everything up and ran to the station to try to get on another train. Luckily, when we got there, there was a train that was leaving in 3 min that would drop us off in Siegburg 3 hours before our original train would drop us off in Bad Godesberg. Greatest save ever. We arrived in Siegburg at around 11 pm and ran into Peyton and Amanda which was a hell of a coincidence. Headed back home and passed out sleeping in till 1 pm, the first time I had slept past 10 am since getting here.

              For the most part, this weekend was fun and it would’ve been a lot better if I had not been sick, but I am glad that I got to see Munich and that Jackson and Matt were homies and got me some medicine and food when I felt like shit. BMS was a fun throwback to when I didn’t care about anything and I am genuinely surprised that the show hasn’t been canceled by everyone in todays society. Not looking forward to the upcoming exams and need to see whether I want to go to Amsterdam or stay in and do some studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment