Sunday, March 12, 2023

Week 9

 This week was crazy busy and a tad stressful. Monday we had our German midterm that I felt very unprepared for, but we got a lot of help from the professor and we could ask our desk neighbors. The rest of the week went by fairly fast except for Friday. We had to give a presentation to Austen for enmodes and I was so nervous. I hate speaking in front of people and dislike presenting even more. On top of the presentation, my mom was arriving in Frankfurt and she was so anxious about the travelling to Bonn that I was texting with her a lot of the time and stressing out myself even more. My mom has never been to Europe so it was her first time here and first time really taking public transportation. My mom finally made it to Bonn around 2PM, so as soon as we were done with Austen, I basically ran out the door and headed to the hotel to meet my mom. Seeing her was amazing, and actually being able to hug her made us both cry. Once we relaxed for a bit, we headed to get dinner at Burgermanufaktur! She loved it as much as I do, and afterwards we headed to a coffee shop and got some coffee. Saturday morning we woke up, got some coffee, and spent the day in Cologne. I took her to the Cathedral and we went to tour the inside. She constantly was talking about how beautiful it was and how excited she was to be able to see it. After the cathedral, I took her to Isabella's Gluten Free Bakery and we got a lot of pastries to try! My mom and I liked a good amount of them, and then others were not our cup of tea so to speak. After the day in Cologne, we headed back to Bonn and got dinner at Bono! Mom wasn't the biggest fan but she didn't mind the food. Later that night we just relaxed in the hotel room and packed to leave for Ireland! On Sunday we had our flight at 6 AM to Ireland, so we left very early to get to the airport and head out! 


Excited to see what Dublin holds!


No comments:

Post a Comment