Sunday, March 5, 2023

Week 8!!!

 On Monday, we started off by having zoom school again because there was another transportation strike. Although I do not like school on zoom, it was nice to have school on zoom this day because it meant I could relax more throughout the day and could wear my pjs. Tuesday we worked on our Enmodes project a bit and then had some more classes. I also was able to watch the sunset from our house since the sun is starting to set later. Then on Wednesday, I had my first physiology 2 test. It was definitely harder than I thought it was going to be, but luckily Dr. Wasser is letting us retake it next week. I had some more classes the rest of the day and then was able to go home pretty early. Thursday consisted of more classes and my physiology 2 review for my test retake. On Friday, there was a transportation strike again, however, we were still expected to come to school. It took Peyton and me an hour and a half to get to school which was exhausting. I had some other complications which made the day somewhat frustrating - one of those days where I wish I could just be at home and lay in my bed. But, that is the beauty of this trip, to learn to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Peyton and I decided to uber home so that way we could get home quicker instead of waiting an hour to then travel an hour home. I did a lot of schoolwork when I got home because I am overwhelmed by the amount I have to do. Saturday started at 5:00. Peyton and I made our way to Siegburg station and took a train to Koln Airport. There, we met up with Victoria and took a Flixbus to Amsterdam. I loved the Flixbus, it was cheap and had no delays. When we got to Amsterdam, we met up with Erin, Peri, and Kassy and went to get brunch. After, we walked around the city to different shops and sights. At 17:00, we went on a boat cruise through Amsterdam that had unlimited wine and cheese. That was so fun and a great way to see a lot of the city in a small amount of time. We walked to dinner after to eat at an authentic dutch restaurant but then quickly had to leave and instead go to the ER. That was an experience. The ER was not very helpful and did not let any of us sit in their empty waiting room which was annoying. They told us to come back at 22:45 so Victoria, Peyton, Kassy, and I went to dinner while Erin and Peri went back to the hotel for a bit before returning. Luckily, everything should be okay. Sunday morning we went to the Pancake Bakery which was so yummy. We went to the Van Gogh museum for a bit before leaving Amsterdam. The ride back was very nice, we got back to Koln earlier than we thought and the whole ride was very scenic. Peyton and I were home by 16:30 which was nice. I worked on homework for a while before heading to sleep. This week is going to be a lot. 3 tests, my mom coming, and the start of spring break. I am excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment