Saturday, March 25, 2023

Week 11: Monotony

     Oy vey, I had to really focus on classes this week. I felt like my head was in the clouds after getting back from Italy. After being around all of the incredible sights and seeing Olivia again, classes kind of lost their appeal. Especially since I know that we're facing down Paris, Lyon, and the Black Forest. Spring Break was definitely a much needed break for everyone though. You can tell that the mood has shifted after people had such an extended break away from Germany. Getting away from the group of people that have been a constant over the past three months changed perspectives. Seeing friends and family back home reminded us what we have waiting back in the states and what we will return to in a few weeks. 

    Paris is looming on the horizon too. I'm really not all that excited to go to Paris this next week, I feel almost indifferent. The city has never been very high on my list to travel to but of course I'm not going to turn down a trip (even though it is required that's besides the point). I think a lot of my feelings stem from the fact that I'm still tired after traveling so much over Spring Break. Once we get back from this next week Erin and I have to get serious about studying for genetics. We need to really understand our stuff on this next exam and need to read through all of the chapters. Oh well, that's next week Peri's problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment