Sunday, March 5, 2023

Week 8: Concert, Football Game, and a trip to the ER

     I know I keep saying the weeks are starting to become a blur but they truly are. Time is such a concept here. I feel like I keep looking up and all of the sudden the week is over and I've already done these incredible things. Monday started off with another transportation strike relegating us to Zoom classes. Erin and I also had a Lizzo concert in Cologne that we were going to that night. We had to navigate the nonexistent buses and Bolts to get her to Bonn hbf (well she did, I just provided emotional support over FaceTime). We ended up making it on time and had a ball. Totally worth all of the euros and trouble. Classes after that were normal but still just as enjoyable.

    Friday night saw Erin, Kass, and me in Dortmund to watch a Dortmund football game. I'll be honest and say that I have never been to a real game and didn't really know what to expect. I definitely didn't expect for beer to go flying after the first goal. The energy of the fans and fact that Erin and Kass were practically vibrating with excitement made sure that I had an incredible time. After the game was over and Dortmund barely won, we had a couple of hours to kill before our 2:15am bus to Amsterdam. Ended up wandering around the area close to the train station. 

    Amsterdam had a city feel that I've never experienced before. The bike culture was huge and all of the traffic just from the bike riders was an adjustment. The canals made for a confusing maze of water ways and identical looking bridges. We wandered all around the center of the city and got to see the many things it had to offer. We did have our dinner plans change when I ended up needing to go to the hospital after a concerning sign. We all loaded up into the Uber and waited around the hospital while I finally got in contact with someone that could help me. They were only letting one person in with me and Erin was sweet enough to stay while we told everyone else to go and get dinner while we went back to the hotel to wait the two hours for my appointment. She was prepared to handle the situation and made me feel a lot more at ease about all of it. Let me tell you, I did not think I would end up at the ER on this trip but there we were sitting in the waiting room at 10:45pm. I ended up getting the best new I could get given the circumstances and was given a game plan for the next few days. I swear I can't go on a single trip without ending up at the doctors' office or hospital. The next morning we had breakfast and went to the Van Gogh museum. The museum was a little underwhelming, to be honest, but it was still an interesting side trip. I also didn't have time to find a hoodie before our train so Kass got me taken care of and picked one up for me before she left later that day. Thanks bestie.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment