Monday, March 13, 2023

Week 5

This week was a special one. We had a normal class day on Monday very relaxing yet excited due to the upcoming trip to Vienna we were going to have the next day. Something really hilarious occurred that Monday. I was very tired due to the heavy load of work we had, and as soon as I got home, I was knocked out on the bed. The thing was that as soon as I woke up, I saw that the clock said 6:30. My heart dropped as soon as I saw the time, and I quickly began to get my stuff to get to the train station and catch up with my group on the train. I then came to the realization that it was 6:30 pm, and I felt so relieved by this. After this, I went downstairs and had dinner with my host dad and laughed about what just occurred. As I finished packing and not really getting enough sleep since we had to be at the five guys at 3 am, I made my way to the meeting point. Once everyone got to the meeting point, we headed to take the designated trains and made our way to Vienna. Although it was a very long way of traveling, we finally got to Vienna at 5pm that evening. We went and left our stuff at the hotel and we headed to this church that had the remains of the Hamburg royal family underground. We then saw the gates right in front of the church and took a lot of pictures. We then got to the hotel and had a well-deserved rest for the next day. The following day, we visited multiple places in this beautiful city such as the royal palace near the center of the city, which had a lot of beautiful gardens and was simply massive. After this, we went to the museum of the druggists of Vienna, which was one of the most interesting places we attended as I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical field and its roots in the Austrian region. After this, we visited the Belvedere museum, where we were able to see the iconic piece of art by Gustav Klimt, "The Kiss". Although I am not a big art fan, I certainly enjoyed my time there as I was able to appreciate the details and the great amount of work the painters had done to develop their masterpieces. The next day, we had a trip around Vienna and although Dr.Wasser was not able to be physically there with us, he made sure we had a very nice experience exploring the city of Vienna and all the references to the history of medicine in Europe. After this, we had a very nice experience at a church since we attended a classical music concert. This was a very iconic experience as it made me appreciate the fact that I was in a concert in the classical music capital of the world. The following day we visited a museum of physiology, where we learned a lot about the human body and the prisoners they had there as that facility used to be a prison as well. We finished our trip in Vienna by attending the natural science museum there where my friend Colby and I had a very nice conversation about Christianity and the differences and similarities it has with catholicism. After wrapping everything up, the program headed to Prague, where we spend the weekend visiting the most iconic parts of the city and finished our trip by getting back to Bonn on Sunday. In a conclusion, it was one of the best weeks of my life as I traveled to new places with an amazing group of people and experienced new cultures in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment