Sunday, March 12, 2023

Week 9!!!

 This week was SO busy. 

On Monday I had an exam review for my BMEN 211 class which was good. I then had some classes and finished the day with my German midterm. It was harder than I thought but luckily Peyton and I could work together. On Tuesday, I had more classes and then a second review for my physiology test. I was anxious and tired at this point and it was only Tuesday. My mom also flew in this day so it was killing me to not be able to see her. On Wednesday, I had 2 tests. My signals test started at 9:30 and lasted for over 2 hours. Then later that afternoon, I had my physiology retake. I did much better this time and only missed one question. Right after, I walked to Stadhaus and took the 66 to my mom's hotel room. I was so excited to see her. We talked for a bit before going to dinner. Our dinner was so nice, it was at a cute Italian place I had never been to before. I spent the night at her hotel which was needed. I missed the comfort of her presence. On Thursday morning, I took her to BackWerk where she was finally able to try the breakfast I eat every day. Then she walked me to school which was cute, having my mom walk me, as a 20 year old, to my school in Germany. We had a pharmacology workshop in the morning with the new teacher that came in. It was very interesting and engaging. I had some more classes in the afternoon then headed home. On Friday, I had one class in the morning and then we had a meeting with Austen from Enmodes for the rest of the day. After, I went straight to my mom's hotel. I was so relieved to be on spring break now and spend time with her. We went to starbucks and sat by the window, which was a good seat because we were able to people-watch. We went to a "Mexican" place for dinner and had some good drinks and food. On Saturday, I took her around Bonn. We found a spot for breakfast I had never been to and it was so good! I also made her try a Doner and she loved it. We ended the night with netflix in the hotel room. I love watching shows with my mom and I have missed that so it was good to have that time with her. On Sunday, we packed up and took the 66 to Siegburg. We took the ICE sprinter to Frankfurt HBF. We then walked to our hotel and almost got hit by a bus! We got stuck in between 3 buses and it was honestly so scary. Luckily, we were fine. After checking into the hotel, we went to a burger place and it was so good. We wandered around Frankfurt for a bit and then returned to the hotel for a nap. After, we tried 3 different restaurants before one finally let us sit down, I do not like having to have reservations for restaurants in Europe. On to week 10 :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment