Sunday, March 12, 2023

OFF TO SPAIN AND BDAY WEEK

 

              Got to Sevilla this week and I cannot say that I was disappointed. The city has to be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to and it reminded me of a stereotypical Spanish town. The building were colorful and open, the streets were cobblestone lined with orange trees, the architecture was beautiful and grand in their stance. It was something that I never expected and I thank my mom for telling me to go to Sevilla instead of Valencia. Apart from it being beautiful, the food was amazing and cheap as all hell. On our first day there, we spent maybe 14 euro a person for food and beer. The local beer there is something called Cruzcampo and it was phenomenal. Something that I was not expecting to compete with the German and Belgian beers but something that in the end made my top 10, maybe even top 5.

              Sevilla was also the first city where I finally got to try tapas and “authentic” Paella, my grandfathers favorite food as well as experience the Spanish culture of eating outside at 8-10 pm. This was amazing for me since it brought back memories of home and comforted me a lot. The weather also helped a lot since I was forced to buy some clothes considering that most of my shirts were henleys and the weather was in the 60s to 70s. But, in all fairness I was going to buy new clothes anyway, so I cannot complain especially since I was waiting to buy these shirts in Spain for the past 6 months since they apparently don’t sell them anywhere else. In short term, Sevilla was the most beautiful city I’ve been to and I learned that Peyton was going to be dropping in for Barcelona which is awesome. Another friend is coming to Spain!

              When we got to Madrid, I was automatically happy. It was the capital of Spain and most importantly it was the home to my beautiful team, REAL MADRID! Since I had champions league tickets and it has been my dream to sing HALA MADRID in the Bernabeu since I became a Real Madrid fan alongside my cousins. Therefore, I was ready to sing my heart out and enjoy all the things that Madrid had including food, history, palace, churches, basilicas, and most importantly the 6.99 all you can eat Domino’s. This was something that Emi had told me about and said that it is only in Spain and therefore we had to eat there at least twice, which we plan on doing. I’m hoping that we do well in the game and considering we have a 5-2 aggregate against Liverpool, I think we are going to crush them to pieces. There was a bunch of Liverpool fans in La Plaza de España singing and the cops began to show up in case things got rowdy which they never did but it was funny to see how many people were worried about the hooligans.

              Oh and forgot that this week on the 9th was my birthday. I had a great time hanging out with some friends and got to drink some pitchers of Guinness which is always a great way to spend my 21st. Once again, I am surprised with how close I have grown to this group of people. There are always some small challenges in life, but in the end the people who stick near you and are ready to hype you up when you need it are the ones who really care about you. Glad those people are the ones near me! Thank you to all of y’all if you ever read this and thanks for making this day one hell of a day and one that I will remember for the rest of my life.!

No comments:

Post a Comment