Monday, March 6, 2023

Week 8

Starting off week 8 was very chill. We had classes, and I only had one exam. I have gotten used to the workload and study time here, and now I am less stressed than I have been. I'm still lacking in sleep, but hopefully with spring break around the corner I will be able to catch up. There was another transportation strike on Monday and Friday. Getting to the AiB was a blast. Amanda and I had to bus over to Bonn, it took over an hour and a half. We decided to uber home that evening. On Saturday, we got up early and headed to Amsterdam! I have always wanted to move to Amsterdam, so my hopes for this trip were really high and I was not disappointed at all. When we first got there, we immediately headed to the hotel and relaxed for a bit. After while, I headed to Bunami Ink to get a tattoo. I had been DREAMING of this for so many years, and I was fangirling so much when I actually got there. Alina was the kindest soul and it was so fun getting to talk with her about things I am passionate about. It was also one of the best, if not the best, tattoo experiences that I have ever had. Afterwards, I met up with the other girls on Ninth Street, and we just walked around Amsterdam. Erin and I ended up finding a dedicated gluten free bakery called "Sue". They had the best blueberry banana bread that I have ever had. We also got a few other desserts while we were there. After this, we headed to the Canal where we did a wine and cheese boat cruise. The cheese was 10/10 and the wine was not for me. I am most definitely not a wine girl. While on the boat, we found there was a lot of other Americans as well, most were from Louisiana. The cruise was a lot of fun, we also got to see Kass watching F1 while drinking the wine and experienced Vic taking a bottle of wine. After the cruise we headed to this traditional Dutch restaurant. We didn't end up actually eating there because Peri had to go to the ER. That was an experience in itself. Erin ended up staying with Peri at the ER since all of us couldn't stay, and the rest of us went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel and crashed. On Sunday, we headed to the Pancake Bakery! They had a lot of gluten free and the pancakes were so good! After we ate, we headed to the Van Gogh Museum! It was so pretty and they had a lot of souvenirs which was really nice. They had the cutest little bears and if you bought them, they donated the funds to women with disabilities. After Van Gogh we headed to the FlixBus and then headed home. 

Amsterdam was my most favorite city that we have visited so far. I loved every minute of it and I wish that we could have stayed a lot longer than we did. I am already missing it and wanting to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment