Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Week 11: March 20-26

 Another week, another strike… or two. Thankfully, I have the best host parents who drive me to school every time there is a strike so I don’t have to take the bus two hours early. On Monday, we had pharmacology, history of medicine, physiology, and German. Tuesday consisted of a pharmacology workshop, physiology lab, and physiology. We were supposed to have an enmodes session, but that didn’t happen. So instead, we all went to Theo’s and worked on homework. On Wednesday, we had pharmacology, history of medicine, and an intercultural workshop, where we learned about the Democratic Republic of Germany (East Germany). Thursday was the first day this week that I didn’t have to be at the aib by 10:15am, which was nice. We had physiology and an enmodes session. On Friday, we had physiology and history of medicine. After class, Elizabeth, Erin, and I got wine at a new truck in the market, went shopping, and ate a German dinner. On Saturday, we had the surprise excursion. We met Dr. Schnabel and Lakka in Graurheindorf to learn about plague history and the history of the town. We went across the river to Mondorf for lunch and to see a Jewish cemetery. Afterwards, Elizabeth and I went over to Erin’s house, where we ordered pizza and watched Crazy Rich Asians. On Sunday, I had family breakfast and then went to the aib all afternoon to work on homework. Overall, it was a good but pretty average week. I was tired all week, and it was hard for me to focus most days. But I also got to call a lot of my friends and catch up, which was good. Next week, we head to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment