Monday, March 27, 2023

spring break

    My family flew into Frankfurt and met me in Bonn. Seconds into the embrace between my mom and I tears flooded both of us. Family is so important to me so seeing them on this adventure with me made it all the much better. We traveled to Köln where we had traditional German Cuisine. Most of my family outings revolve around food, we love food, food makes us happy. We headed to Amsterdam the next morning to visit the Anne Frank museum, so much history in such a small place. The tragedy contained in the house gave perspective that you could only get from being there. We spent the night out of town amongst the flower fields, windmill and water pathways made it all the more beautiful.

    The next morning we went to Haarlem where we saw the Corrie Ten Boom museum I deeply emotional experience for my mom as since she stumbled upon her story has been fascinated and moved. A more intimate experience that the Anne Frank museum there was more I learned there in Haarlem.

After Holland our family went to experience almost all of what Belgium had to offer. We visited Antwerpen, Bruges, Brussels and even stayed in our very own castle for the night. Bruges was definitely the most spectacular but Brussels has a special place in my heart.

Once we conquered Belgium we were of to Paris, my favorite European city. All that Paris is hyped up to be and talked about in movies I totally experienced. I fell in love. History. Architecture. Fashion. Food. Coffee. Language. The city of lights did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment