Sunday, March 19, 2023

Week 10 - Spring Break

To start off Spring Break, my mom and I headed to Dublin, Ireland! We didn't get to spend too long there, but we fell in LOVE with the city. The first day we were there we walked around Dublin for a bit, and then headed to this restaurant that had gluten free Fish n Chips! It was the best Fish n Chips that I have ever had, they had this garlic sauce that we could use too and it just made it even better. Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel and just relaxed for the evening. Monday morning we got up fairly early and went to the center of Dublin!! We got loads of coffee, and walked around some of the shops they had open. We ended up finding the Disney store and my mom got something for her friend that was sold out in the States. We headed to the Guinness Storehouse and did a tour of the facility. Even though I can't actually drink any beer, the factory itself and the process of how they make Guinness was so fascinating. There is surprisingly a good amount of history behind it, mainly that thee founders wife played a HUGE role in his success. After the tour, we headed to this restaurant called Luigis and had the best burgers that we have ever had in our lives! The staff was amazing, actually came to sit with us and talked with us for a bit. There ended up being a random rain storm that came out of nowhere and we got DRENCHED which was hilarious, but also freezing cold. Dublin was very relaxing, and I loved just spending time with my mom. My mom ended up leaving to go back to the states March 16th and I headed to meet up with a few other students in Barcelona! Barcelona was beautiful and had some of the best food that I have had while in Europe, specifically the tacos! I loved seeing some of my friends, and getting to spend a few days with them outside of Germany and school. We went to see the most beautiful cathedral there and it was amazing. Spring Break went by so fast, but I'm also glad it did, I missed Victoria and Amanda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment