Monday, March 7, 2016

"You're above average, Ashley" - Shawn Erwin

After a busy week of tests and projects, this week was a little more laid back.

On Wednesday, our program went to see a Bayer Leverkusen soccer match. I especially enjoyed this because I played soccer growing up all the way to my junior year of high school. I had to stop due to some knee injuries, but that’s another story. Although we lost the match, it was still really fun to be with everyone. Many of us bought scarves to blend in with the fans; some painted their faces; all of us cheered on Bayer Leverkusen hoping they would make a comeback. I tried the bratwurst and kölsch, and the combination beat any stadium food I’ve ever had before.

I didn’t travel anywhere this weekend because I needed a break…and so did my wallet. However, the weekend was still eventful. Friday, many of us went to our favorite pizza/pasta place, aka Vapiano, to celebrate Lauren’s belated birthday. Afterwards, we went to the Quiet Man, which ended up being not so quiet yet again. Friday night actually ended up being a much later night than I had anticipated, as a friend and I kept missing our night buses…oh well, the conversation was nice.

Saturday, I attempted to be productive…but that only lasted a few hours. Jay, Blake, and I went to a food truck festival in Gronau later that night. There was a Texas inspired food truck, so of course I ate there. And wow was their bar-b-q tasty. After stuffing ourselves full of various foods, we had a movie night.

Sunday, I did a little more school work, namely studying for my upcoming German final. That evening, some good friends of my host mom invited us over for dinner. We made our own personal crepes at the table. It definitely took a few times to master making a decent looking crepe…
This upcoming week should be busy, as we are having our mid-term meeting with ENMODES, taking our German final, and getting ready for spring break!

Stay tuned for spring break shenanigans from Italy!!

P.S. Shout out to Shawn for coming up with the most exceptional blog title. Thanks, man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment