Thursday, March 31, 2016

Time in Zurich, Switzerland

I was expecting mountains and lake and snow from Switzerland, and I was sorely disappointed when I arrived. The day we arrived in Zurich was extremely foggy so I couldn't see beyond the very bottom of the hills in town. I couldn't see across the famous lake and when I went to the top of the mountain I couldn't even see down it but about 20 feet and there was almost no snow on the ground. On top of this I was shocked by the ridiculously high prices. Zurich is the most expensive city I have ever been in. Enough of the bad though. There was plenty of good.

There were two nice days and two bad days with weather. The first one we went up to a mountain which was still fun despite the fog. We walked around town and enjoyed each other's company. The next day we went to Rhinefalls and toured lake Zurich on a boat. Afterward we relaxed a little on the lake on a paddle boat. The next day was a bad weather day that was spent doing some studying for 211 and walking around town eating 20 Franks worth of chocolate. Our last day we went out to a mountain park where we road a giant slide down the mountain on these neat rolly-devices! Then we took a lift to the top of the mountain and hiked our way down, having some snowball fights on the way down. 


Two things to not miss in Zurich: the cheese fondue and the public water. The cheese fondue is amazing and you get to have some fun sticking pieces of your food into the cheese and cooking your meat yourself. The city also has tons of water fountains that you can drink from which is very nice considering Europe seems to have a goal of dehydrating you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment