Tuesday, March 8, 2016

WE ARE GOING TO MAJORCA

So many trips.. So little time
     Today I booked two blind bookings... Yes two. I have a slight problem ok? It is just so freaking exciting to not know what you are going to get and just having a vacation chosen for you! The first one we did (we as in me, Maddie and Kendal) was for "sun and beach" over the weekend before Paris. After 45 long seconds of waiting we got PALMA DE MALLORCA. If you don't know what that is, it is a shame. Mallorca (Majorca) is one of the most beautiful islands ever. It is off the coast of Spain and is usually hella expensive to go to. We decided to put our necks on the line and try to get it over a blind booking and we did! I don't think I have screamed that loud in a long time. I am so excited. I cannot wait to be laying on a beach for 25 hours... I am ready but the bikini bod is not (darn German pastries). The second blind booking was for Easter. Kendal and I have been searching long and hard for somewhere to go and have not been able to find anything that is even remotely reasonably price. We decided our only shot at not spending a small fortune was to do a blind booking and hope for the best. Our choices were narrowed down to Stockholm, Lyon, and Glasgow for hiking and nature. I'm not going to lie, I was king of hoping we would get Stockholm, but we got Lyon and I am still super pumped! It is going to be a weekend full of hiking, nature and girl talk. (A weekend that is desperately needed) 
      On Friday, we leave for Spring Break in Italy. In ten days we will travel to Rome, Milan, Sorrento, Capri, Naples and Florence. It is going to be an exhausting trip, but so so so much fun. Hopefully all goes well and we have a super awesome trip. I hope it is warm.. My toes desperately need to defrost. It has been snowing here and its March... MARCH... March is supposed to be spring time... Not freaking winter. I'm slightly salted about it, but whatevs. 
      Despite all of this excitement, it has kind of been a tough week. On Sunday, I was reminded that I cannot be a normal Fish Camp Counselor and that I will have to wait and pray that I will get picked up before mid June.. I love Fish Camp with all my heart and I am really sad that I am missing out. Yes, living in Europe is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I hope it is worth it, but it is really hard to give up something you care so deeply for... I just hope God has a plan for me to take on Lakeview for a third time around... 
     Well, I have a German exam tomorrow and about all I can say is "Sprechen sie English?" so Im going to go study... I'll get back to you after Italy, blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment