Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring Break Part 1-Milan

The trip to Italy started at the Bonn Hbf. I was sitting outside wearing too little for how cold it was. Waiting around at the bus stop I began to think about where else I could be right now, or rather where I would be if I wasn't on this Germany trip. My thoughts tended towards home and at my friends house, or on my usual trip to a beach on the Gulf with some of my fraternity brothers.

The others from my group finally showed up to the bus stop, and we were off to the airport. At the airport we showed up about an hour before our flight, so we had to hurry ourselves up a bit. We boarded our plane, and we were off to Italy.

On the flight we had a beautiful view of the Northern Alps as well as the relatively small country of Switzerland. That image really made it clear as to why there is a separate country in the middle of France, Italy, and Germany that speaks so many different languages. The country is small buffer zone in the middle of formidable mountain ranges that almost seem to eat up the livable area. Ashley was snoring like a Tyrannosaurus Rex when the pilot came on to tell us we were landing in 20 minutes.

We landed in Milan, and we had no idea what to do. We were dropped off at some random stop. Slowly, we found our way back to our respective hotels, so we at least would know where we needed to sleep. Afterwards, we met up with the other group traveling with us for dinner and quickly realized that German will not fly in an Italian restaurant. Fortunately, there were people there that spoke English, although they were frustrated dealing with dumb Americans. ELAINE GOT ANCHOVIES ON HER PIZZA AND THEY WERE JUST FREAKING TERRIBLE. WORST PIECE OF CRAP I'VE EVER EATEN. DEAR LORD, THAT SHOULD NOT BE SERVED ANYWHERE.

Afterwards, we went back to the other group's place to have a couple drinks. Unfortunately, we all fell asleep after a long day of traveling and a bellyful of pizza. My group had to head home so we made our way to the train station only to realize that trains stop running at midnight. WHICH IS RIDICULOUS, I MEAN CMON, REALLY!? We hailed a cab, and when we got in the driver didn't lower the volume of his radio. His radio was just playing a dude talking and there i found the beauty in italian as the soothing sound of this random radio stranger's voice was putting me to sleep in the cab passenger seat. Eventually we made it back to our hotel to pass out.

The next day, Rahil and I slept in as Elaine and Blake made there way to the church with the other group to climb the roof. Rahil and I made our way out there at around noon and we checked out the shopping area while the others were climbing the dome. There I realized I want to be rich. I mean the girls we saw there were drop dead gorgeous and they were adorned in thousands of dollars worth of clothes and jewelry. I figured there are only two ways to get girls like that, and one is probably beyond my reach. However, I could be very rich one day if I work towards it.

Eventually, we met up with the others from the church room, and decided to walk around the city where we found a little cafe with the best cappuccino I have ever tried. Also for the first time ever, the cost of our drinks was less than expected.

After walking around the city, we picked up some gelato and drinks then walked back to the others apartment. There we had some drinks and played a few games and eventually decided the best way to end the night would be to sleep there.

No comments:

Post a Comment