Wednesday, March 23, 2016

English, what a great language

For Spring Break a group of us ventured over to the UK! Our first stop was in London, and I cannot explain how excited I was to here and read English everywhere for the first time in months! What a great language.

Our first stop in the UK was London! We didn't waste any time getting to know the city, as we took a night city bus tour on a double decker hours after landing! We had a really nice apartment for our stay so we were able to make breakfast and enjoy our stay. London has a lot of great free museums to visit and we definitely took advantage. The Natural History Museum, V&A, British Museum, and Science Museum were among our academic stops. If you're ever planning on going to London I definitely recommend the V&A and British Museum, they have so many cool things to see!! Another must is the original Hard Rock Cafe. Probably one of the best dining experiences of my life. Needless to say I was extremely happy to have a quality burger again. We had a great waiter though who was so helpful in telling some great spots to check out in London including a speakeasy bar and board game cafe.

One of my favorite parts of London was getting to go to all of the markets. I am a sucker for a good market. We ventured through Camden Market which not only has great food, but is also filled with tons of unique and eccentric vendors. It was great fun to just walk around and look at everything. Borough Market was definitely one of the group favorites as I think we went 2 or 3 times total and ate ridiculous amounts of food there. The food is AMAZING! I had two cookies the size of my face and it was life changing. Greenwich Market was the last market we got to explore and it was really fun as well.

Theatre is really big in London, which made me really excited since its always been such a big part of my life. We got to see two shows while we were in London: Book of Mormon and Wicked. Book of Mormon was pretty funny, but nothing beats Wicked, even if it was my second time to see the show.

Other London adventures included Greenwich park, Regent's Park, a city tour, and an awesome escape game!!! After some time in London we hopped over to Cork, Ireland for some St. Patrick's Day celebrations. We got to see the Blarney Castle and kiss the famous stone as well as spend a day picnicking and playing frisbee at an old fort on the Irish coast. It was quite the fun and relaxing experience.

Since getting back from Spring Break things with school have started to pick back up with school again and surely will after we return from Easter Holiday. I am excited to see what the rest of the semester has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment