Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chill Weeks and Soccer

So ever since I've gotten back from Berlin, we've started to prepare for the second round of exams. Usually the first and second week after we take an exam, it can be pretty non stressful because we have another 3-4 weeks before another one approaches. Its kinda been non stressful.

My first exams didn't really go as expected Missed some easy questions when they were pretty straight forward. But what's done is done and I can just focus on trying to get back in the swing of things on the next exams. Right? Right.

Wednesday we went to a soccer game. We went to go see Leverkusen play against some other team. I don't remember who they played. I did notice something very American bout the atmosphere and concessions of the stadium. They make you deposit 10 euro onto a credit card thing in order to buy food. Even if the food is 2 euro lets say. So now you still have 8 euro left on this stupid piece of plastic. Then you wait until the end of the game to go get your money back. Its such a rip off. Nobody is going to wait in line hours after the game to get 2-3 euros back so its a way for the stadium and team to make more money. I thought that was such a capitalist thing to do. I didn't eat or drink anything at the stadium I was proud of my self.

That was the first big time soccer game I had ever been to. We did make a couple rookie mistakes, like cheering when the other team scored, but when this is the first time we've heard of Leverkusen, and they were losing, like bad, then of course you kind of start to root for the other team. Its just in our nature.

The rest of the week was spent preparing for our German finals. They weren't bad at all. Simple questions like "what is your name" "how old are you" "what's wrong with Peter" things like that. I spent a lot of time learning 319 German vocab that wasn't even asked. So now if you need to know the word for Youth Hostel or Parakeet or Arm Chair in German, I guess I'm your guy.

I am 100% tired 400% of the time though. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed or wake up or how much sleep I get, I am exhausted every single day. I have no idea why. I need to snap out of it though because spring break is in 2 days and I'm going to Italy and it's going to be awesome.

We do have our midterm presentation with Enmodes tomorrow though. I think it will go pretty well. I'm not really that nervous. Worst case scenario, they hate our idea, send us home, and charge us for there time. That was a joke. That's probably not going to happen.

Probably...

But alles gut. I'm ready to not think about school for a week. I guess I have relatives in Naples and one of them happens to be an Italian Actress. That would be pretty cool.

See ya next week

No comments:

Post a Comment