Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Before Berlin



Since we had a fairly busy week with tests, the Otto Bock project, and Aachen I decided a calm weekend was needed. Friday night I had dinner with my host family and watched a movie with them. The movie was in German (with English subtitles) and was a parody of Ocean’s Eleven. It seemed like it would be a funny film if I knew German because many of the jokes were a play on words in German, so I sat there confused at times while my host family was cracking up. Even though the jokes were over my head for the most part, I still enjoyed spending some time with my host family. Saturday I caught up on some sleep and then headed to AIB to work and hang out with some of the bioscience kids who stayed in town. Then a few of us went to a Spanish restaurant close by for dinner and I got some more delicious paella! I love seafood and was afraid before coming to Germany that I wouldn’t be able to find good seafood, but I have been pleasantly surprised with all the yummy paella and other fish I’ve had here! Today is a beautiful day so I had brunch in the backyard with my host family in the morning and later they are making BBQ for dinner. I’m really interested to see if their version of BBQ is what I am used to in Texas, but I’m sure either way it’ll be good! Besides that, I’m just trying to catch up on some work before we leave for Berlin tomorrow morning. It sounds like AIB has a lot of cool events planned for us in Berlin plus we have our presentation for Otto Bock, so next week will be an exciting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment