Monday, March 17, 2014

R.I.P GrandPopsicles :'(


This past week, some classmates, my parents and I boarded the Costa Serena from Savona, Italy to Naples, Italy to Palermo, Sicily to Tunis, Tunisia to Barcelona, Spain to Marsaille, France back to Savona, Italy. The trip was rather relaxing and enjoyable. Half way through the trip, I left my dad's phone (which is what we were taking pictures on) in the restroom and it disappeared. When we were in Tunis I got a couple things crossed off of my bucket list, such as riding a camel and singing Africa by Toto in Africa.

(Sorry if some pictures aren't there, I lost the phone)


*Insert picture of me riding a camel*
*Insert another picture of me and my parents singing Africa on our balcony*
*I blessed the nonexistent rains down in Africa*
*Insert a picture of me and the falcon that pooped on my head*


Some people were really worried about their safety in Tunisia, but aside from Barcelona, Tunisia was the safest and cleanest place. The water was so clear and blue and Sidi Bou Said was BEAUTIFUL. This is where there are white houses and blue doors.

This picture was taken from Google Images, but my parents and I actually went to the top and ate at this cafe. The weather was perfect and so was the view.

This is the sunrise from the aft.

 This is my mom and I at Palais Longchamp in Marsaille, France. I'm teaching my mom how to "Whale" in this picture. If you look closely, that's not my hair.
 This a an alcoholic dog outside a "theatre" in Palermo, Sicily.
 This is the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Spain.

 This is the outside of Palais Longchamp in Marsaille, France.

 This is the fish market in the Vieux Port (Old Port) in Marsaille, France. If you look closely, they're bagging a MASSIVE fish head.

 This is me and my adorable parental units outside the Palais Longchamp in Marsaille, France.


This vacation was a good trip for my parents because the day before we boarded the cruise, my mom found out her father had passed away after fighting cancer. It was rather sudden and my parents were debating leaving the cruise and hopping on the next plane to Taiwan, but I'm glad they didn't.

This is us at a wishing well inside Castello Sforsesco (sp?) in Milan, Italy. I'd wished that my Grandpa were healthy again and we'd found out that he'd passed away that night.


They plan on going to Taiwan over Easter Break, which is when they were wanting to come to Germany. I was thinking about leaving this Wednesday to go Taiwan for the weekend, but since school's been really rough and it takes three days just to get to Taiwan, I don't think I'll be able to go.:'( Sorry Grandpops... I'll hopefully go during Easter Break. So, David, when you told my mom "Hope you find your dad", I hope she does, too.

Anywho, I'm excited for the AIB Soccer Tournament this week. I'll finally be able to wear my whale socks for all to see. Also, the Bundesliga Game will be heaps of fun. That is all. Until next week. Tschuß.

Rest in Peace Grandpa.

We love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment