Friday, March 7, 2014

Karneval, Porsche, and Mercedes

AIB

The AIB Karneval day was on Thursday and it is the Women's Day. The parade was in Beuel and one of the traditions during this day is that all the guys wear ties and the women would go up to the guys and cut off their tie. Seeing all the unique and creative costumes was probably my favorite part of the day. During the parade they threw candy at whoever screamed "Carmella" and collecting the candy made me feel like a young kid again.

Personal

On Friday I visited the Porsche and Mercedes Museums in Stuttgart. I love cars and to see the museums of these two automotive powerhouses was a once in a lifetime experience. I first went to the Porsche museum and the architecture of the museum was very unique so I knew the inside would be just as interesting. The museum displayed the different cars over all the years Porsche made cars. They also had a special display of the Porsche car in the animated film "Cars" which was pretty cool to see. The museum had a 911 Carrera S that customers could take a picture in.
The Mercedes museum also had a unique look to it. It was a lot bigger than Porsche but we only had an hour to see it before the museum closed. I was able to look at all of the 7 floors of the museum, and it was really overwhelming how many cars and information they had on display. My favorite floor was the top floor where they had some of the first Mercedes models. My favorite car in the exhibit was the 1955 300SL Gullwing. Seeing the Porsche and Mercedes museums was a wonderful experience I will never forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment