Monday, March 17, 2014

Karnival Shindiggs

What else could I blog about this week besides karnival? Nothing, because karnival took up every place, every moment, and even every sound of my entire five day weekend. Starting Thursday morning, almost every person that I saw, including myself, was wearing some wonky costume with plenty of face makeup on and even a fancy or crazy wig on some people. The next five days were all the same, and the only people standing out of the crowd were the ones NOT wearing a costume. We attended the parade in...Broyl on Thursday morning and then spent the rest of the day enjoying the merriment around Bonn. On Friday Afternoon/evening we went to Cologne to see the scene up there and were not disappointed at all. On Saturday I attended the Bad Godesberg parade with my host brother Leo and some of his friends; f the three parades that I saw, this one was probably the most enjoyable. On Sunday I took most of the day off to just chill at my host home and play some piano and whatnot. On Monday I had to face the decision of whether or not to go and see the Rose parade in Cologne. In the end I decided I would just stay in Bonn and see the parade here, and I'm glad that I did. The few people that ended up going to the Rose parade apparently had an awful time because of how crowded and OH laden the entire scene was. Overall it was a great experience, and even though I don't usually dress up and get crazy, I'm glad I made an exception for this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment