Saturday, March 29, 2014

spring break

After enjoying the weekend before spring break with my parents, I headed to Barcelona for more adventures.  This proved to be a great decision as the weather was perfect for enjoying the beaches there. Walking around the coast my first day there, I kept noticing certain parts of the city that looked oddly familiar. Then when we saw a bunch of kids skateboarding and I remembered an old video game from my childhood, Tony Hawks underground 2, and the level in it which took place in Barcelona. It was pretty awesome seeing in real life the place where 10 year old Brandon had spent so much time virtually skateboarding (although there where a lot less awkwardly placed ramps and rails in real life). The food was another big highlight. I don't usually enjoy seafood too much but I ended up eating paella pretty much everyday I was there. And our hostel was right next to a big open air market where we would get fresh fruit smoothies in the mornings. We also got to meet some students who attend the university in Barcelona.  They were all very friendly and seemed to really enjoy school in Spain. I may return to Spain later this semester when it gets warm enough to actually go swimming at the beaches and really enjoy the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment