Friday, March 28, 2014

Go Sports!

This past week, we visited Aachen's Cardiovascular Engineering Institute and it was really interesting to learn about the approaches they take with artificial hearts. Previously I'd only heard about continuous flow artificial hearts. It was also great to go in the testing labs to see the hearts working. Also this week, we finalized our Ottobock designs and worked with Professor Brucker on our models. I thought it wasn't going to be a very exciting day when the professors would be gone on the conference, but it was nice to get to know Professor Brucker and to learn about her approaches in her art pieces. I also learned that when she was in Bonn last, she got all of her stuff stolen that was in her backpack and it was later found by the police. She later turned her credit cards in to pieces of artwork. That is art.

Outside of school, nothing much happened since we were studying for our signals test. I watched a lot of TV and we went to the string quartet. It was fun making the video to our fellow Ags back home. Although I was really nervous, it was a good preparation for our Ottobock presentation and it was a good chance to get to know the visualization kids. I also cleaned my room this week which was really nice since I was starting to get sick of how messy it was. I'm usually fairly neat, but since I'm usually home just to sleep and drop off stuff I don't need, it got pretty messy. Hopefully I keep up with it. Next week is Berlin, and Reid's birthday. I'm pretty excited!

Until next week! Tschüß boxes!


No comments:

Post a Comment