Sunday, March 23, 2014

Super hike!!

First week back after spring break!!! Luckily it was a fairly easy start back into the swing of things.
AIB:
We went to Bayer communications center and learned more about what the company does, which I learned is much more than just aspirin. They make the polymer foam that is used in most cushions and develop method to increase the gain in crop productions. There were so many interactive displays, my favorite was the program to find binding sites of a molecule by using a connect and directing the molecule by moving your arms to place it on the correct site. After the company visit we went back to Bonn and got ready for the AIB soccer cup!! It was a lot of fun because it wasn't very competitive and we were all pretty bad. We did attract a crowd of German people watching us in the park. They quickly figured out that we were Americans and really sucked at playing soccer. My team, team krankenhaus, ended up making it to the finals!! AIB announced the winners at the after party and we got 3rd place. Our prize was a nice little certificate and a bottle of champagne. Thanks AIB!
Personal:
This weekend was spent with AIB people but all of the activities were optional. First up was the FC Koln soccer game. My first ever real European soccer game and it was awesome!!! I was a little disappointed that no one scored the entire game. I was so ready to yell GOOOAAAALL!!! But ohhh well. It was still a lot of fun and I bought a nice red scarf. The next day was my host sister's birthday so I celebrated that evening with her and her boyfriend and host brother. The morning I got up early and went on the hike through the seven mountains. I really think we went over all seven mountains!!! It was a very nice very long hike but the weather was nice and I got a very nice work out. The over looks were well worth the journey it took to get to the tops of each mountain. All in all the weekend was very enjoyable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment