Friday, March 7, 2014

Uniklinik Bonn, Pre Karneval

AIB

We visited the Uniklinik to observe a surgery. At first I didn't know what to expect when they told us we would be right next to the person who would be performing the surgery because when I would watch Nip Tuck I would fast forward the parts when they were performing the surgeries. I observed a hip surgery and surprisingly I was able to watch the surgery without any problems. I also learned that the anesthesiologist does a lot during the surgery. Before going to Uniklinik I thought the anesthesiologist just delivered the anesthesia before and thats all they did. In reality they are constantly monitoring the patients vitals and many other things and administering multiple things to the patient throughout the surgery. During this week I also attended the pre Karneval warm up. During this event we learned about the history of Karneval and we also learned to sing the most popular song.

Personal

During this week I had my birthday on Friday. At 6:30 in the morning I was greeted by my host family singing happy birthday, and they also gave me a cake. Then later that day I decided to go to Cologne to experience the nightlife there. I noticed that some clubs in Cologne have a dress code in order to enter which is a lot different than Bonn. I still had a fun time though and I really enjoyed my first Birthday in Germany.    

No comments:

Post a Comment