Monday, March 3, 2014

Mah' List of Buckets!

Howdy!

This week was super duper! 6 other students and I went on a road trip starting in Bonn, to Stuttgart, Munich, Salzburg (Austria), Bavaria, then back to Bonn. The day before the road trip was ladies day for Karneval and that was really fun. I got hit in the eye with a massive candy bar, and got a bruise. :( That's alright, I ate it… Prior to that, Zachary and I went to Altstadt to take a look at the Cherry Blossom Avenue. It's been on my bucket list, and I had no idea that that's what it was. We visited Heerstraße and took a couple pictures, then went home to pack. Anyways, the road trip itself was relaxing, but when we got to Stuttgart, we went to the Porsche and Mercedes-Benz Museum. Then when we got to  Munich for the night, we met with Alexandra's high school exchange student. She showed us some local attractions, then we parted. The next day, Chace, David and I boarded a train to Salzburg where they would take a four hour Sound of Music tour, and I would just wander the city. I thought I wouldn't have very much fun because I would have 8 hours where I had nothing to do. I did a little research and when we got to the Salzburg HBF, I bought a Salzburg Card (in my opinion, one of the best things I'd bought since coming to Germany, definitely worth the money if you ever go!). The Salzburg card allowed me free entrance to many of the city's attractions and free transportation, so I headed over to the Cable-Car that would take me up to Untersburg, the mountainous region in Salzburg (which I later found out was the Austrian Alps, which is also on my bucket list). On the train, David and I were joking around and I told him if I saw snow, I would give him some. I didn't think there would be snow because I didn't think we'd go that high. After waiting in line to get to the cable car, I met Alisha, a Cali girl a little older than me that was traveling after a business trip. We ended up traveling around the city together. Anyways, as the cable car ascended, the wind shook violently, which made it that much more relaxing (exciting?). As we neared the top, snow toped the rocky areas and I may or may not have started crying from the excitement. At the top, there was a cozy bar and there were skiers everywhere. I'd never seen such an amazing place in my life. Of course I took snow selfless, and ate the snow. I didn't have anything to transport the snow in for David, so I bought a beer, then had to scoop it into the Stein.
This is David's snow, that I later accidentally dumped out. It's alright, he still got a sip of it.

This is the cable car that I took to get to the top of Untersburg.

This is a good looking person I found. So I took a picture of her eating snow. Man, she sure does look happy!

These are some skiers that wizzed past as I was taking a picture of the scenery.

This is David's snow, I later "flat stanley'd" my trip with that snow. 

The rest of the weekend couldn't compare to my experience up on that mountain. I came to Germany for the cold weather, and I finally got it. 

The weekday before our trip, we took our Physiology/ Design/ German test and established some ideas for our Otto Bock slides. I was pleased to hear that our ideas were coming along after weeks of frustration trying to think of ideas. On a side note, a couple weeks before our trip, I'd found out that my Grandpa had Colon Cancer and didn't have very time to live. Luckily I'd spent Christmas Break with him. The week before our Physiology/ Design/ German test, when everyone was stressing out, my parents called me and told me they may have to cancel the Spring Break Cruise because he'd had a fever for a couple days now. I called them last night and he still has his fever and hasn't been waking up. :'(. Anyways, back to Otto Bock, during Christmas Break, my Grandpa was talking about how great the technology was in Germany and that I should study hard and learn about the technology and engineering in Germany, so I'm really excited to work on the Otto Bock presentation, even after the dreadful sleepless nights prior to the Physiology Test. If I disappear for a week suddenly, I'm probably in Taiwan with my family, so we'll see.

See y'all next week and have a safe spring break, Tschuß.

No comments:

Post a Comment