Monday, March 3, 2014

Bioscience! Alaaf!

Personal

I finally got my Karneval costume on Monday, and I was very excited to be a wolf! I spent more than I initially intended to, but I'm hoping I can take the costume home and reuse it. I had a lot of hesitations going into Karneval. I don't tend to be a fan of large crowds in general, but it actually turned out to be fun. I never made it to Cologne throughout the festivities, but I did get to enjoy the celebration in Bonn. On Rosenmontag, I saw the parade through downtown Bonn and got more candy than I could eat. I don't think I could handle five days of Karneval every year, but I still had a good time.

I am really looking forward to going on a Mediterranean cruise over spring break. We are flying to Milan on Friday and then will board the ship in Savona. The cruise will go to Naples, Palermo, Tunis, Barcelona, Marseille, and then back to Savona. It will be very relaxing to just sit back and be taken to all those exciting places (especially Africa), with such little planning.

Program

This past week was very short since Karneval started on Thursday, but I still had two exams. On Tuesday, we had a test in Design I, and on the day before Karneval began, we all had German finals. Unfortunately, I haven't completely mastered the German language, but I've certainly learned some useful words and phrases for getting around. Furthermore, we made progress on our Ottobock design projects since we will be presenting our initial ideas this coming week.

The first day of Karneval, we went to the parade in Bonn Beuel with AIB. It was fun to finally get to wear my costume and to use the phrases that were taught to us last week (especially "Kamelle!"). Thursday was definitely the most fun day of all because all of us were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment