Monday, March 17, 2014

Getting Ready for Otto Bock and Spring Break



Personal:

In order to get ready for Spring Break and to catch up on work from Karneval, I spent most of my week working on schoolwork. On Tuesday my Otto Bock group met to work on our presentation for Wednesday. Once we had finished that presentation, most of the engineers had to catch up on signals and design homework. In addition to that, I had to pack and get everything sorted out for Spring Break but that was worth it because I got to go on a Mediterranean Cruise (which I will write about in my next blog post)! One fun thing that happened this week was that everyone finally got their Valentine’s Day cards. You might be confused so I’ll give you a brief summary: Johanna and David agreed to make Valentine’s Day cards for all the bioscience kids and professors when we were in Vienna but since we have been so busy (and they put a ton of effort into them) we just recently got them. I must admit, they were well worth the wait! The two of them took our pictures, photoshopped them onto various pictures/cartoons, and added quirky comments that poked fun at each of us. They did a great job and the cards were absolutely hilarious!  

AIB:

We didn’t have activities planned with AIB this week but we did have an important Skype meeting with one of the engineers at Otto Bock. Like I said earlier, each of the six groups had to give presentations on Wednesday to the rest of the class explaining our idea for the Otto Bock project. After the presentations, we came up with a list of questions pertaining to the different ideas to ask the engineer. The meeting on Thursday went well and we were able to ask the engineer all the questions we had. I’m glad we got to talk to him while we are in the designing process because we now have a better idea on how to approach the project and know what changes need to made to our designs. With this new information we have until the beginning of April to work on and finish our design for our presentation to Otto Bock, which is a little daunting but I’m very excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment