Thursday, March 20, 2014

Super Geil Spring Break

Well my spring break was absolutely incredible. I got to see my parents and one of my sisters which was really nice to see familiar people and hang out with them. We drove down to the South of Germany and saw many wonderful places along the way. I'll just give the highlights because I don't want to bore you and there were a lot of wonderful moments. My favorite thing was the swartzwald where we hiked and saw the largest waterfall in Germany. It was all so beautiful and peaceful that it was really difficult to leave. Trier was also fascinating for me. I love Roman ruins and Trier did not disappoint. The highlight of Trier was the Roman baths complete with heating tunnels under the pools. Rothenburg was an adorable little town with an aldstat that had building dating from mid-evil times!! It even had a city wall that visitors could walk along and view the city. I could have spent many days there and still be entertained. We ended in Munich where we saw the Hofbrauhaus and went on a city tour of the history of the third reich, which was really interesting to see all of the history and learn more about the city. As an extra bonus, the weather was absolutely perfect the entire trip and we spent a lot of time outside. I really enjoyed getting to see new parts of Germany and spend time with my family again. So all in all my spring break was perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment