Monday, March 17, 2014

Leading up to Spring Break

AIB:
This week we made a lot of progress on planning how we are going to go about doing the Otto Bock project. We spoke with an engineer from Otto Bock to get a better idea of what they do and do not want and to ask some technical questions. I think this meeting was extremely helpful, and we were able to edit our designs. We then got to briefly re-present in our groups and give feedback about other designs. In the end we worked out three groups by taking ideas from each group and combining them.

Personal:

Monday was the last day of Karneval. We watched the parade in Bonn and got tons of candy (just in time to give up sweets for lent!) and then hung out at the Irish pub for a while. On Wednesday I went to a Danny Brown concert in Köln! There was a great crowd and it was a lot of fun! We got a video of Danny Brown that had his interesting laugh on it, so I made it my alarm on my phone. It’s actually pretty terrifying to wake up to… Also, apparently in Germany concerts start on time. That would have been good to know, because we showed up pretty late. After school on Friday I went with Shannon to her host home for the first time! I got to meet her puppy and hang out there until our parents arrived from Austin! (They were on the same plane together.) On Saturday I gave my parents a tour of Bonn and then we went to my host home for a cookout. After we ate, my host parents took us to hike up the dragon mountain in Königswinter. It was a beautiful day out and the view from the hill was really nice! Then we met up with Shannon’s family for dinner in Hangelar. After dinner we went to pick up my cousin Annie at the airport. After looking for her for 45 minutes and wondering why her flight was not listed at the airport, we finally found out that her connecting “flight” was actually a train, so we drove to Köln to pick her up. The next day we began our Spring Break road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment