Monday, April 6, 2020

Week 9

Unfortunately, this was the worst week out of all. A mix of ups and downs but ultimately leading to a permanent leave from Germany.
It all started out great, the start of spring break! Originally, my plan to meet my brother in Italy and explore Rome, Pisa, and Venice. This was fastly shut down due to Covid-19. Thankfully, my father was able to change his ticket and book it to Spain, thus, we met in Barcelona, Spain. I arrived the night before he arrived and checked into our hotel. I did not do any self-exploring as I needed to catch up on much needed rest. He then arrived and we started the roll. On the first day, we rented scooters and did some sightseeing. We indulged in the church (La Sagrada Familia), Park Guel, La Rambla, and Mercado de La Boqueria. The next day we chilled at the beach and played some beach volleyball. The following day was March 10, my birthday. I celebrated it with my two men, my brother and Matt! A couple of the other study abroad students also joined Langley, Olivia, and Micheal. I had such a great time.
The next day, my brother and I flew to Madrid. We checked into our hotel there and chilled for the rest of the day. Over the next few days, we explored the Royal Palace, Plaze Mayor, and El Retiro Park. The next day is when it all went downhill. My brother woke up early and got breakfast and while he returned the words came out of his mouth, "Zaheer, your study abroad is canceled." At first, I did not believe him but then over the next few minutes of reading emails and GroupMe I learned that he was correct. I started preparing both my family and host family for my return. My brother flew back to the states while I returned to Germany for the last time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment