Sunday, April 5, 2020

Texas Week 3

My whole family went to our house in Bryan this week and my mom's cousin and his family are here too. My uncle John is building a tree house on our property, which is really cute and overlooks a little creek. I've mostly been doing school stuff and hanging out in my room watching Netflix and YouTube videos, which has been a bit boring but it is what it is. I've accepted what's going on more, but I still wish things were different. These blogs aren't the most interesting because my life really isn't that interesting at the moment. I think that's true for everyone in quarantine. Talking to people who weren't in the program is frustrating because they don't really *get it*. I don't hold that against them, but I'm tired of hearing "at least you had fun while you were there!" and "you'll go back!" when I'm supposed to be seeing Saint Motel in Paris and taking a history of medicine tour in the Louvre. It's not really comforting to hear platitudes when I know that I'm missing out on two full months of what started as the best time of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment