Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 12 in Shelter in Place

Hallo from Shelter in Place again,
If you were to tell me that I would be sitting in my room in Galveston during Easter, I would have laughed at you. I was supposed to be in Interlaken, Switzerland this weekend, skydiving, kayaking, hiking, and everything in between. The weekends are the hardest for me because I can't help but miss all the adventures I should have been on. However, I know I can go back one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. So today is Easter, and I am spending it with family 6 feet apart and studying for the Physiology exam tomorrow. What an exciting day. Shelter in place has been extended to the end of April, including the beaches and everything else. I am keeping myself busy with studying, classes, working out, cooking, and hanging out with my sister whom I am grateful to have seen. I think Tuesday, I am going to head back to my house in College Station to ride out the rest of this mess. That way I can see my roommates/best friends who I miss so much. If I decide to come back home and see family, I will quarantine myself for another 2 weeks in their condo, so it is a hard decision to make. Governor Abbott said that this week he will be released an executive order to start opening things back up. I took this as a positive note, but hopefully he doesn't open things too soon to where it creates a worse situation for us in Texas. Until next time!
Bis bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment