Monday, April 6, 2020

Week 10

After getting the stunning news of my study abroad being canceled, I returned to Germany. Over the next days, I packed and made flight bookings. Both my host family and I was stunned and sad that I will be going home early. We had our last meals together, 6 feet apart, and celebrated my birthday and the times we had. Finally, the bookings we made and I was prepared to return home. One would think that the worst was over, but it was far from that.
The day came that I would be leaving and I woke up late. I had 10 minutes to get ready and freshen up to get catch my cab to the AIB. Thankfully my host mom woke me up and I caught it. We then put our bags in the van and drove to the airport. We arrived at the airport and I struggled to carry 4 bags, as I also took my Kevin's bag. The check-in process was not easy as I had to pay for Kevin's bag at a different kiosk but then I got passed security. I then got on my flight thinking all the hassle was over. My flight was from Frankfort to Toronto and then straight to Houston. The flight to Toronto was seamless and I slept through most of it. When I arrived in Toronto I got a text from Canada Air saying that your flight has been changed. I was shocked. I went to the help desk and asked them about this change. They said that my flight was moved to the next day and it was redirected to Dallas. I asked if they were going to accommodate a hotel for me and they bluntly said "NO." I then called my dad and he booked me a hotel near the Toronto airport. I then realized that they had to redirect me to Dallas as I needed to be screened. But then the shocking news arrived. After arriving in Dallas, I did not go through any screening so I was frustrated. Finally, they rebooked me to Houston and I got home after 36 plus hours of travel. 
I got home and had a great sleep in my own bed. Now the 14 day quarantine begins :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment