Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 7 - Rose Monday and Brussels!

This Monday was Rose Monday, which was the height of the Carnival festivities! I went to Cologne to see the huge parade that was happening in the city. The floats were all so beautiful and people where throwing candy and flowers! It was amazing to see, and some of the people around us were getting really excited and shouting for flowers. It started to rain at some point during the parade, but I didn't mind too much and neither did any of the other people. On Thursday, I left to visit Brussels, Belgium. I loved Belgium so much! The city was beautiful and there where so many waffle and chocolate stores everywhere! The first morning I was there, I got a waffle with strawberries and Nutella. While in Brussels, I visited the Musical Instruments Museum and the Chocolate Museum. I really enjoyed Brussels, and hope I get to go back at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment