Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 8 - Sickness and Beginning Spring Break

This week was a little crazy. I had three exams this week, all of this leading up to Spring Break. On Wednesday, I had food poisoning and was sick all day! My mother flew into Bonn on that day as well, so I was sick while trying to find her in the train station! I was miserable, but when I found my mom and got her to her hotel, I felt a little better. This week was also insane because I found out that I can't go to Italy with my mom because of  Coronavirus! We had to replan our entire Spring Break on Thursday night. We decided on going to Edinburgh and London! We decided to leave early on Friday morning, and we landed in Edinburgh at 9:00am. We took a bus into the city and walked for almost 2 miles to get to our hotel. (Got off on the wrong bus stop...oops!) Luckily, even though we weren't supposed to check in until 1:00pm, the hotel let us check in and we took a nap for a few hours. That night, we went on a ghost tour! The tour guide took us to some of the old churches, cemetery, and even into some of the underground tunnels. The next day, we went to the Surgeons Museum, which had several amazing medical specimens. On Sunday, my mom wanted to go to Edinburgh Castle. The castle was HUGE! The castle was broken up into several small exhibits, including the exhibit to see the Scottish Crown Jewels. Later that day, we went to the National Museum of Scotland. My favorite exhibit was Dolly. I wish we got to spend more time in Edinburgh, but our next stop is London!

No comments:

Post a Comment