Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Quotidian

More than anything, this is a casual post. Being more than half way into this program is a bittersweet feeling. I'm excited to see my little monsters. Oops, sisters, I meant sisters. They are the sunshine to my days. And lately, there's been a lot of that missing. Literally. Thankfully, they sneak away my older brother's iPad enough times to FaceTime with me frequently. With an iFamily, it's also easy to chat with them all of the time. Not to mention, my mother's morning and night time essays she sends. In them, she puts a thousand and one blessings and emojis. She's lovely.

As for a school report, everything seems to be going grand. This past Friday was our Neuroanatomy final. I really loved that class. Dr. Pine is a wonderful lady who's sole purpose was that we gain enough knowledge to apply it to our quotidian lifestyles. She didn't make us memorize 110 tracks that we'd easily forget by the following week. Nope. Instead, she helped us better inform ourselves by reading published articles, having group discussions, presentations, and such. She also had a loving, motherly aura to her persona that made her a joy to be around. I'm going to miss her a lot. On a bright note, I will see her again in College Station!

This upcoming week will be a little less stressful with another class done. My load will be lighter, and I truly cannot wait for our Thursday departure to the wonderful city of Paris. I know there are mixed opinions about it, and I don't take sides. I've never been, so my own opinion will be made this weekend. The best part is that I will have a chance to spend it with two of the people I care the most about, my best friend Stephiee (who is basically a sister to me, forreal) and Jorge. (: His familiar face will quench the longing I have for home. He's a different kind of home, and I miss him. I'll stop now before I get any cheesier.

Guess that wraps up this week's updates! Have a great week everyone! Hopeful wishes for this very holy week and everything else!

Peace, Love, and Bear Hugs,

Chessy.

No comments:

Post a Comment