Monday, March 25, 2013

Only 6 Weeks Left!

       Well this past week has been stressful to say the least. We had a virology quiz, a virology project, a physiology lab midterm, and thank God our biochem test got moved to today! Thankfully everything went well (minus biochem, since we don't know our grades yet....) All I can say is I am SOO glad it's over! Although I just realized that we only have 6 weeks of class left, and still have two more tests plus finals in both physiology AND biochem...and how we're supposed to cover that much material in that time period is still beyond me...
     Anyways, I do have to mention that I went to Palm Sunday Mass here yesterday, and it was quite interesting. For starters, the church was PACKED, I'm talking, I had to sit in one of the crappy side pews that is right behind a massive pillar. (aka I can't see anything...cool) And on normal Sundays there's literally 15 people there... yay for "Chreasters"...Secondly, because I sat in the crappy pews, the priest didn't bother coming over to bless anyone in our aisle with Holy water. (It's strange that he only did the main aisle, because at home the priest will go everywhere to make sure everyone is blessed.) Thirdly, (and most importantly) they don't have palms here.... Instead I was literally greeted with a branch from a bush. I am still baffled, because they still call it "Palm Sunday," but they clearly do not hand out palm leaves like we have at home. And they're huge too, I not kidding when I say it was literally a part of a bush! (Unless of course, its due to the fact that Germany is FREEZING cold, and palm trees know better than to attempt life here....haha)
     Since I haven't be able to catch a break this week either, (biochem test today, virology homework due wednesday, and a biochem quiz wednesday), it is needless to say that I am STOKED for this weekend! Jordan, Allison, Kristen, Colin, Robert, and I are going to Münich and Garmisch for Easter weekend! I'm not quite sure what all we're doing yet, but anything has got to be better than school right about now... (even though I'll probably still have to take some time out over the weekend to study for physiology, since, oh yeah, we have that test right after Easter.....yay.) BUT I'm still super excited. Plus, Laura, Nicole, and I just booked a weekend trip to Alghero, Italy for the weekend before Berlin! I am sooo excited to finally get to go to the beach, and what better place to go than Italy?! (Although this does mean that diet season has officially started...so long croissants, it was nice eatin' ya!) So while school has picked up immensely, I do have several exciting trips to look forward to! (And you can't forget our week we're going to spend in Berlin!) Unfortunately, I just feel like I always have so much to do, and never enough time....
    Oh well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment