Friday, March 8, 2013

Almost gone!!

The past couple weeks have been a little more academically intense then the first month. Three tests right after Vienna!! Even though it seems like I do everything but study...coming here has actually been really good for me! I'm learning the material in physiology like the back of my hand and signals makes so much more sense then if I was left on my own in a class of 50 people at A&M. And I've had the opportunity to take a fun class (pharmacology) with an amazing prof. Almost all of my classes have 10 or less people in them so I never hesitate to ask a question or ask the prof for more help. I'm so spoiled here. I don't know what I'll do when I go back to A&M.
In between all of our classes and tests we got to visit an amazing Anesthesia Museum. We were given a tour by the 80 year old man (Dr. Stockel) who collected the 10000 pieces of the museum throughout his lifetime. He was so sweet and it was wonderful to hear about the history of anesthesia from someone who literally lived through all of it and had such a passion for it. We also visited a Bayer headquarters yesterday and learned about drug development and drug approval and had a pretty awesome tour.
Did I mention that the temperature got up to 55 degrees?! It was amazing. There was sun the entire week and we were able to play frisbee in the park, eat gelato without freezing and have a picnic for lunch. Apparently Bonn has only had 90 hours of sun since the beginning of December (the normal is 160.....) so the sun was welcomed by everyone.
Sooo everything is figured out for the spring break trip to Rome and Athens. We have some tentative plans and ideas of what to do. All there's left now is waiting...til our 330 train to Dusseldorf then 700 flight to Rome!
So we're about to watch Angels and Demons as a little prep for our trip haha. The only difference is that there isn't a papal conclave going on in the movie!! They closed the Sistine chapel to clean for the conclave and they're officially starting Tuesday. I know way more about papal election rules than I ever thought i would, all because I wanted to see if we'd get into the chapel. Yes, we're missing the Sistine chapel but we might get to see some black or even white smoke!! So living in some history on this trip :)
Then we take a flight to Athens!! Going to explore the ruins and hang out on the beaches in Glyfada. Going to busy but I'm insanely excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment