Sunday, March 3, 2013

I never thought...

I never thought I would be saying this...

There are few things in my life that I truly care about. They are the loves of my life if you might say. My cat Fang, my other cat Nat Sherman (know the reference), my fish, my boyfriend... etc. Even though I am here in Germany only a small part of me misses them. Call me cold hearted but why dwell on something when I know I will see them again soon. But there is a rather large part of me that misses something more. I never thought I would be saying this...

But I actually miss the sun. If you know me this is a surprising statement. Generally, I hate the sun, I do whatever I can to avoid it. If there is a patch of shade and it is and extra 20ft to walk to it I will walk though it. God right now all I can think about is taking classes during the summer and walking across campus to get to class... the worst part was having class at the Pierce Pavilion out in the middle of nowhere and still having to walk half a mile from the bus stop to get there... god it was awful. And the worst part of it all was the sun beating down on you. God. To think of that makes me sweat.

Maybe it is because I am still not used to this cold weather in Texas especially where I am from, it doesnt get much colder than 60 to see 50 is kind of a big deal. But to be in constant cold and shade the sun is kind of a nice thing. Although I say it now, as soon as I get back to Texas or even if the sun starts to come out, I will be one of those people walking with an umbrella dreading the sun once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment