Sunday, March 3, 2013

Best Month Ever

March has always been a special month for me. It is the usual month in which spring begins, filling all views with beautiful green and colorful colors. It is also the month in which I was born, the 22nd day to be more specific. Aside of that, we get a week of school to relax from all the stress in school. I have no doubt March is the best month out of all twelve, but what I was never expecting was that this March would be the best out of all the ones I have experienced.
It all started as soon as the month started, day 1. I knew acceptance letters to the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine were about to be mailed thanks to a proffesor over at A&M who heard rumors and told me. I emailed my sister back home to ask her if she had gotten a letter for me, but she said no. On February 28, people started posting in Facebook cheering they had gotten accepted to the A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. I emailed my sister once more, but once more she said there was no letter for me. This was the most stressful situation ever, more stressful than studying for a physiology test. Knowing that friends were getting accepted and me not receiving a letter was starting to scare me. Was I not receiving a letter because they were only notifying who got accepted? Or maybe I did receive a letter, but my sister did not want to break out the bad news to me. Finally, on March 1, I decided to go for a jog to relax from a though week at the AIB. When I came back, around 10pm, I had an email from my sister telling me to call her as soon as possible. The tone she was using made it sound as if something bad had happened to someone, so I decided to call her immediately. As soon as my mom picked up the house phone, the first thing that came out from her mouth was, "Guess what? God has heard our prayers! You have been accepted to the A&M veterinary program!". Words cannot describe how important those few seconds were to me. I had been rejected the previous year, but after working harder in order to improve what I failed on my last interview, my dream is about to become a reality. In four more years, I will be walking up the stage in Reed Arena to receive my DVM. Something even more important to me that night were my mom's words. The "I am proud of you" made me realize how much my mom loves me and how she never stopped believing in me, something I couldn't do. After being rejected last year, I lost confidence on myself and one of the reasons I doubted about coming to Germany was because I was afraid this was going to be my last semester as an Aggie. I thought I was not going to go back to A&M, but rather I was going to end up in California, far away from the people I love and people I would like to keep having an influence on. But regardless of me losing faith in myself, God had other plans for me and with the help of my mom's prayers, He will have me go back to A&M to keep working hard.
And the good news did not stop there! The next day, March 2, I received an email from the youth group I use to staff with back at St. Mary's Catholic Church. I thought I was never going to see them again, but once more God proved me wrong. The current head staff of the retreat committee from the youth group contact me to offer me another position. Life was starting to shine for me over here in Germany. Even though I realize veterinary school will take a lot of time away from me, I did not doubt accepting the position. Helping people, either with school or their faith, through this group has been a blessing for me and I have no plan in stop helping them.
All this occured only on the first two days of the month. Today, March 3, I had the best lunch with my host family and some friends they invited. Through out the whole lunch, we were all joking and playing around, as if we were all members of one family. You could feel the love that they were all transmitting to everyone. We were having a great time! Today's lunch showed me that I am fortunate to have them as a host-family.
There are still 28 more days to come in this month, and I am looking forward to each one of them. If good things keep happening every day, as they have been happening up until today, I can only imagine what a wonderful birthday I will be having. Besides my birthday, spring break is coming up and I will be traveling to Barcelona, Paris, and London. What else can I ask for? Oh yeah I know, to go see Barcelona FC play. Well, that is going to be checked out from my list this coming Sunday. I am eager to see what else March has prepared for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment