Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lets get going!

So on April 14, Bonn hosts a marathon/ half marathon that I over-excitedly signed up for. Let get this straight, I have run a 10K twice (slowly-might I add) and can count the number of times I have run over 5 miles on one hand. I tried last semester to train for the San Antonio Rock n' Roll half marathon and about two months into school I was sleep deprived and snoozing my alarm when I should have been out running. So lets try again in freezing weather, because thats sounds like a successful plan. Well, here I am, and I'm actually loving every minute of it. I am not sticking to any sort of planned out sequence which I think is better for my crazy and inconsistent schedule. I'm running a couple miles everyday, with one long run near the end of the week. Today I completed my first long run, about 7 miles. I wandered through Ramersdorf (my subdivision of Bonn) until I found some trails. I started trekking through the woods, only to find out that I had stumbled upon a VAST expanse of trails perfect for running and mountain bike riding. Parts of the run were a little more vertical than I had originally planned on (I ended up turning around halfway up a gorge) but overall it was successful and I enjoyed it very much. My favorite part was the sun came out today and I wore shorts on my run (my poor legs haven't seen the light of day since I left Texas). Hopefully I can keep this schedule with all the traveling I have coming up, but either way, I'll be punching out 13.1 miles (20 kilometers) come April 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment