Monday, March 18, 2013

Ich Kenne Nichts


It's been a while since I wrote my last blog, I've been busy. Since Vienna, I've had three tests since then, Signals, Physiology, and Neuro. I don't think I did well in any of them. There are just so many distractions. I've lived in this foreign country for just 2 months, and I still find myself exhausted when I get home because it wears me out to try to absorb everything I see, all the time. Aside from the tests, the 2 weeks after Vienna have been great. The sun has finally come out and the warmth of spring is rejuvenating. I've gotten to enjoy playing Frisbee, eating cheap ice cream, and going to the Rheinaue Park which is HUGE! I went to the park with my new girlfriend Tania. She is awesome, and there are so many perks in having a German girlfriend. I feel more and more like Germany is a home for me more than just a temporary living site. We also had our last German class, and I will miss surprising Claudia, our German teacher with phrases I learned from Tania. My favorite was her reaction when I said 'Das ist doch Käse' which litterally translates to 'that is surely cheese', but means that something is crazy false. We visited Bayer today which was fun, but I was really concentrating on studying for my Neuro test I had scheduled immediately after we came back. Still, I got a lot out of the tour. It was also nice for the AIB to give us a bunch of treats later that day, even if it was only to bribe us to write good mid-term evaluations. I had no problem doing just that since - and I have said it many times before - I am having the time of my life here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment