Friday, February 12, 2016

The Vier is Leaving After This Week

Viva Colonia!!
   This past weekend was one of the funnest times of my life. From Thursday to Monday night I celebrated Karneval. In brief terms Karneval is a mixture of parades, Halloween, and a late nights. My Karneval experience started off by going to Koln with my host brother and getting to meet alot of his friends and be given a tour of the city life of Koln. Each day after this was correlate to a new day and new event but the same fun Karneval. Friday was spent at a club of my friend's host brothers, Saturday was with my host brother's organization, Sunday was a big parade in my village followed up with an after party where I eventually got crowned for an award and then Sunday was in Bonn to watch the last parade and then have one last fun night before the end of Karneval. I would fly to Germany again just to go to Karenval and see all of the friends I made during this 5 day span. I am more and more pleased with my decision to come to Germany with each day. During this time it was also great to not have any school. There is longer no fear after this week.

School has been going great, I am understanding all the classes right now although some do take more time then others. I do wish that I had learned more German before I came here so that I can communicate better, but I will just have to work harder at it. I will not be traveling this weekend so that I can study for my circuits test and prepare for Vienna. I am very bad at keeping up with my blogging... sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment