Saturday, February 6, 2016

Busy Busy Busy

School has inevitably started to pick up, and to be honest, it’s been a little difficult for me to get into my “groove.” Normally, back in College Station, I have a routine schedule for class and studying; I have my favorite study places; I have structure. Here in Bonn, each day is different. There’s no pattern to our schedules. Luckily, I don’t mind change, and I know I will just have to adapt to the irregular nature of school now. The best thing to do is take it day by day. On the plus side, all my classes are really interesting and are delving more into the specifics of biomedical engineering. My team has begun research for our Enmodes project, and I’m interested to see how our ideas develop.

Another thing that has proved to be difficult is balancing school and travelling. This opportunity to live in Europe is incredible, and I want to see as much as possible while I’m over here. However, the primary reason why I am here is to study, and sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

On a different note, I’m really enjoying getting to know everyone. Everyone is fun, and whatever we’re doing, we’re usually laughing. The happy energy makes me less homesick. I do miss my friends back in Texas, though, especially my roommates. As my replacement, my roommates have gotten a plant and named it Ashley. They send me frequent snapchats of the plant doing common Ashley things…drinking coffee, napping, studying, watching Netflix. I skyped her recently…she seems nice.


This week was busy as usual with classes, a tour of Bayer headquarters in Leverkusen, and a visit to City Hall. Karneval begins on Thursday, and I am staying in the Bonn/Cologne area to celebrate with friends. I’m excited to have the full Karneval experience and see what it’s all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment